ABTA has released 10 top travel tips, from package deals to Covid advice, to help consumers book and travel with confidence this year.
- Use the expertise of an ABTA Member to help plan your trip and navigate the latest advice.
- Book a package holiday for the greatest level of protection.
- Check the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice for your destination and sign up to email alerts.
- Check what you need to do for your journey back to the UK.
- Note that many companies offer flexible cancellation and booking policies.
- Take out travel insurance as soon as you book and check its cover for Coronavirus.
- Make sure all your travel documents are in order, e.g. your passport validity meets entry requirements and you’ve applied for the visas you need.
- If you’re travelling to Europe, there may be extra steps you need to take ahead of your trip. Visit abta.com/Brexit
- Research the new measures that will be in place on your journey and in-destination, e.g. the rules around face coverings and social distancing.
- With your holiday booked, you can sit back and look forward to heading off on your well-deserved break!
Read more travel tips on ABTA’s advice page for on travelling during the pandemic.